On January 1, 2021, under AB 25 the CCPA will extend privacy rights to all current employees, former employees and job applicants, including your dependents’ personal information that a business maintains. Employment-related privacy rights will significantly impact how your organization manages employment data. How is your organization preparing for this new CCPA challenge?
Truyo an IntraEdge company, has announced a significant expansion to its privacy management platform. Truyo’s Employment Portal is the first market-ready end-to-end automated solution for all employment-related privacy management. The advanced workflows give the option to manage employment-related requests in an entirely separate portal. Segregating employment-related data can make it easier for Human Resources (HR) to quickly review data privacy rights requests.
The new fully automated Truyo Employment Portal can ensure the following:
- Rapid response to employee privacy requests
- Ability to scale with your privacy needs
- Track and log requests by reporting the type and number of requests made by each individual for auditing purposes
- Streamline identity validation
- Process an unlimited number of employment-related privacy requests
- Allow HR and other stakeholders visibility into employment-related privacy requests
What additional rights will California employees have on January 1, 2021?
Once AB 25 expires, the full protection and statutory rights of the CCPA will apply to applicants, current and former employees, contractors, emergency contacts, and dependents/spouses for purposes of administering benefits. The rights include the following, covering the period 12-months prior to the requests:
- The right to request a business disclose what personal information the company has collected
- The right to know what personal information is sold or disclosed, and to whom
- The right to request and receive a copy of all personal information in a readily usable format
- The right to request that the company delete their personal information
- The right to opt-out of the sale of one’s personal information
- The right to be free from retaliation for exercising these rights
As the January 1, 2021, deadline approaches, 62% of companies say they are extending CCPA rights to all employees, and only 15% will wait until the legal deadline. Will you wait until the legal deadline to start managing employment-related privacy request?
Schedule a demo of the new Employment Portal and register for the upcoming webinar: